Sunday 22 January 2012

Naked Palette dupe from Inglot

Hi Ya, 
If you've read my latest haul post you'd know by now how much trouble I went through to lay my hands on "The" Naked palette. I also know quite a few of my friends and fellow bloggers who would wanna get their hands on "it".
Unfortunately it is not easily available in India and a lot of other countries as well. (Hhmmph...are you listening Urban Decay/Sephora?)
Fortunately we now have Inglot at our hands. The first time I walked in this store I was pretty impressed by the sheer number of shades in each colour that they have. If you want a brown e/s I could see atleast 20+ shades of brown e/s which differ by finish, colour, tone and size. I was super amazed. And of course they have some of the prettiest nail polishes. I soo wanted to just sit there and swatch them all. (drroolll..have you seen their flakies!). I have also heard rave reviews of their eye shadows and blushes and concealors and ohh I could go on and on.
Anywho, I was still rejoicing my naked palette and I thought: Why cant I dupe the Naked Palette in Inglot?
So armed with my own palette I went to Inglot's store in Mumbai and requested if they would be kind enough to help me search the closest dupes and let me swatch and picture them. I explained to them what I was looking to do.
They agreed. Deepa- a make up artist at the store agreed to help me with my quest. Thank you Deepa!!
She enthusiastically set out by picking up the visibily closest pans from the freedom system. Once done, she agreed to swatch both the UD palette and the Inglot picks on my arm. We did encounter a few setbacks. Some shades that visibly seemed a match were not. We went back to the board and tried to figure out a few other options. 
Disclaimer:
Before you start looking: these opinions are my own. If you don't like them please don't respond negatively. I am by no means an acclaimed MUA to be 100% accurate on eye shadow shades. I am just doing this up enthusiastically to help out people who do not have access to UD's naked palette but would like to put together something similar. And oh..please don't copy the pics. Feel free to link this post. I really put in a good 2-3 hours to reach the store to swatch and another 4 hours to edit pics and write this out. 
Be considerate.

Without further ado:


The first four shades:

1) Virgin: Pale shimmery nude/ 395P: pretty close match. Slightly less pigmented. I would say 95% close.
2) Sin: Light pink with hint of peach, frosty/397P: warm peachy-beige. 95% close.
3) Naked: Matt beige-brown/390M: matt beige-brown..Slightly lighter than Naked. 85% close.

4) A had slight issue finding a good match for Sidecar: Shimmer beige bronze with slight pink undertone/ AMC S46: more beige less shimmer; 85% close/ DS 463: Had slightly more pink undertone but similar shimmer; 90% close/
Eventually Pure pigment 14: turned out a better match than other two; 95% close.


The second four shades

5) Buck: Chocolate brown matte/ 357M: Medium brown Matte. Pretty close. 98%
6) Half Baked: Gold with red undertone/ AMC S34: Gold with copper undertone. 98% close
7) Smog: Dark browny bronze with slight hint of gold at certain angles/409P: Browny bronze, cooler undertone, similar finish. 95% close
8) Darkhorse: Dark brown with bronze shimmer/422P: Dark brown/bronze pearl finish, slight red undertone. 90% close.

Last 4 shades:


9) Toasted: Pink-brown shimmery. This one gave me trouble too/ AMC S12: Looks visibly similar but swatches more beige than pink/ 399P: Swatches more pink with frosty look. Swatched 399P on AMC S12 and it comes really close. 95% I'd say. But if I had to pick one, I'd go for 399P.

10) Hustle: Brown with burgundy undertones/423P: Medium Brown with slightly more burgundy. 90% close.
11) Creep: Dull black with flecked silver and teal shimmer/AMC65: Dark black, more pigmented with flecks of silver and teal shimmer; 90% close
12) Gunmetal: Grey blue metallic flecks of teal shimmer/ AMC S47: grey blue metallic, lesser flecks of shimmer. 95% close

See more swatches. 
Same order of shades as per UD palette, starting from bottom to top


Economics: Price Vs Quantity:
The UD palette costs: $ 48 (approx Rs. 2500); each e/s 1.3gm*12= 15.6gms
Inglot refills: $ 5each (Price in India Rs 300; (current sale price Rs.240/-); each e/s 2.7gm*12= 32.4gm
Inglot 12 e/s: $ 60 ( Rs.2880/- in discounted price)
For approx $12 more (Rs.380), you'd get double the quantity of e/s with an 90% match of shades with good finish and quality. Downside no UD primer. (but if you had access to UD primer then you'd have bought UD palette also and wouldn't be reading this :P )





I hope you enjoyed this.

The views expressed are my own and I am not associated nor compensated by any brand whatsoever.
If you feel any other shades come closer than what I have found, please feel free to share in the comments and I will check them and edit accordingly. 

60 comments:

  1. I loved this post - I'm gonna BM it & def know what to get now in the sale :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Excellent work detective Kejal! Hehe. You got such awesome dupes. Most are the exactly the same as the original. Hey btw what do you think about the quality? Are they similar to the UD palette in terms of softness and pigmentation?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. except for a bit of one or two, most of them as pretty smooth and super pigmented. No issues.
      Infact the UD's creep isnt pigmented.

      Delete
  3. Wow, palette looks great Kejal. And colors are so pigmented.
    Me too want this naked palette. :)

    http://vivaciousblog17.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey btw would you say 409 is the darkest brown with pearl finish available at the inglot? I'm trying to find a dupe for mac carbonized. You think this comes close? First I thought 423 but then thats more burgundy...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yes 409P is pretty dark. M not sure if it is the darkest, but it is quite dark

      Delete
  5. wow great work Kejal :) many beauties would get benefited from ur post :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's a lot of hard work!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. whew!! It was..took me more time than i expected to post it up..but I am happy. I think I did justice to this ever growing lust of NP.

      Delete
  7. i am so impressed by this Kej! This si so useful for all of us...especiallu e/s addicts who hav ben craving he UD palette in vain..

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Kejal, this is a very nice post actually more helpful than even nice. You know, becasue of the raves I have been litt tossing and turning at night with despait becasue I so wanted to get hold of at least one palette. Since right now I have no means, this post would help me greatly!
    For some time I have been keeping an eye on Inglot. Since I am loaded with shadows now, I won;t purchase right now. But when I do which I would surely do, I know I would reach out for this post. Hey, can I write a post about your post and link you back? I think many would benefit from this one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank u for ur lovely comment. feels good to be appreciated. By all means link me back. :)

      Delete
  9. Wow, that's a lot of work. But you did good! Even if some colors are slightly off I think that altogether they make a very good palette dupe. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow Kejal!!Fabulous job ;) love this post!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Kejal- A big hug & 'Hard working Blogger Award' for you from my side! I'm so super thrilled to see the amount of thought & effort you put in to this super Original post. Personally UD Naked palette never quite rocked my boat, but I'm so impressed by the effort you put in to find the exact shade matches (I know being in Inglot store its easy to go cuckoo with the shades!) Thanks to MUA Deepa for being so helpful in this quest the Inglot SA's put in such great effort & go out of their way it always is a pleasure to shop with them! God bless both of you for this awesome post!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Pooja!! Thank you for ur generous comments! feels good to be appreciated <3!!

      Delete
  12. Loved this post..awsome work :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a great post Kejal. Super useful and so much effort went into it !
    Im definitely piking up inglot shadows from here !!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Awesome post Kejal :D :D *hugs*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Upsi..I was thinkin of you when I was swatching! hoping that u'd love this post

      Delete
  15. Awesome effort Kejal..I am a big fan of inglot eyeshadows and this is def very helpful post..m bookmarking it!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow awesome! Good job! I almost said what Nivedita said up there!:D

    ♥xx♥

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hello Kejal , I am actually out of the words , this post is sooooo amazingggg and I can imagine how much pain you had taken to deliver the exact color match , I am def. going to bookmark this post and try out the colors your mentioned :D
    A big cyber hug for all the effort babes :D and one more thing ...
    which finish in Inglot you liked the most ??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Rashmi. I personally find their pearl finish best..but thats just me coz I am a newbie and not an expert at blending. But their matts, shines and amc are equally good. Matts are quite pigmented, was impressed by them.

      Delete
    2. no honey you are absolutely right and eye for colors :D :D pearl is there best and thats what i wanted to confirm ... see now you also confirmed it :D :D
      thank you so much for the help babes

      Delete
  18. awesome post kejal...following u!!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Absolutely loved this post! Kudos to your patience and efforts!

    ♥ www.thegirlatfirstavenue.com

    ReplyDelete
  20. hey kejal im going to share this on my fb page
    Deepa :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. Amazing post Kejal !! Loved the comparision !

    ReplyDelete
  22. Hello :)
    I think there is no need to put translator, bloggers from Poland know English well :D
    Your post is very, very helpfull and Inglot is "our" brand so on every bigger market is Inglot store and it makes finding UD dupes easier ;)
    Greeting from Poland xoxox :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank u Ishikawa!! I just saw my link on a few polish forums..so I thot it may be easier. M glad you like my post. Inglot has recently come to India and We Love it!!! ♥♥♥

      Delete
  23. Kejal, it is polish beauty forum :D

    You asked me about refills.
    It is good question because it depends on store...really.

    On some stores if you will show your own empty pallet (or with some empty space for new shadows)they will sell you refill with no problems.

    On other store if you ask for refill without showing pallet they will say no, and advise to buy the same shadow but as single mono shadow in black plastic which is bigger then refill shadow.

    As long as I buy Inglot goodies - no one sell me only a refill...Unfortunately on every store can be different "politics" about selling refills -I heard from my friends that sometimes they selling refills with no problems.


    But in mostly stores that I know - you must buy palette, or have your own one during shopping.

    ReplyDelete
  24. awesome! so helpful thank you! can you do a naked 2 inglot dupe?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Karen I dont have access to the UD2 palette here in India.

      Delete
  25. Wow such a useful post :-)
    Great job :-):-):-)

    ReplyDelete
  26. Such a great post!! Thanks!

    Do you think you could do a set of Inglot dupes for the Too Faced Natural Eye Palette (Neutral Eye Collection) sometime?
    I currently have the Too Faced Palette but I would very much like to get into Inglot shadows for the price, convenience, and Freedom Palettes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Although I would have liked to do that, but I do not have the too faced palette to compare :-/

      Delete
  27. Hey Kejal!! Congrats darling that blog that copied our content have been removed..thanks for informing me :)))

    Take Care
    Regards,
    Surabhi

    ReplyDelete
  28. This is such an awesome post! I'm gona study it carefully now and think which ones to narrow it down to. Thanks Kej!x

    ReplyDelete
  29. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  30. Try 153 AmC Inglot - It's like a SIDECAR Urban Decay :)
    It's a new collection :)

    ReplyDelete
  31. Wow! This is awesome! Thanks so much for sharing your thorough research!!

    ReplyDelete
  32. I cannot believe you did this!! For us?:D So much warm love and wet poochies coming to you and Deepa from Delhi. Thank you Kejal. You are a complete Angel:)

    ReplyDelete
  33. This is a great inspiring article. I am pretty much pleased with your good work.You put really very helpful information.
    a2zlifestyle

    ReplyDelete

I would ♥ to read your comments and thoughts on my posts. Please feel free to ask any questions or if you have any suggestions.