Monday 30 April 2012

Retro Polka Dot Nail Art

Yeelllloooo! I mean Hello again

Have you ever disliked something coz you have had too much of it?
As in completely put off by it or the sudden urge to run from someplace or thing?
yes? Me too.
From Polka! As a child I had polka in and on everything. 
Yes so much so that I got sooo put off by polka design that I cant remember anything I own with Polka in the last 15 years :O
So yes this post is still a shock to me!! I got a set of QA-OB plates couple of weeks ago and it has this really pretty polka stamp on it. And I thot Y not? Lets try.

I used a light pink creme base and stamped a polka dot design on it in purple
Then between every alternate column I dotted with white.

This is what it turned out and I m pretty pleased about it.

OPI mod about you
Base: Faux OPI (similar to OPI Mod about you)
Stamping Plate: QA3
Stamping colour: Kleancolor Metallic Fuschia
White Dots: Colorbar Exclusive 37 (white), + dotting tool


nail art dotting tool

nail art dotting tool


It turned out very picturesque..no kidding. Infact I got asked if those were fake nails. Hehe!
I am planning to try this using some other colour combinations. Any suggestions for another one?

38 comments:

  1. This design looks great.Perfect amount of polka dots. Adding white inbetween was a great idea...it neutralizes the other colors.

    ReplyDelete
  2. aaww this is so cute i like the pink base.. sooo pretty one... nd metallic stamps so well... nice...and i have tagged u http://crazypolishes.blogspot.in/2012/04/nail-polish-tag.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hey thanks Dimpal! but I cant comment on ur blog from office..so I'll try to do whn I reach home

      Delete
    2. is intensedebate is blocked in ur office ??

      Delete
    3. I dont think intensedebate is blocked..but ID uses some kind of java or flash which is not installed in my office pc and we cant install anything on it ourselves :(

      Delete
  3. the combo looks delightful! u shud try creme and glitter dots alternated!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thats a nice idea..but I think the glitter will come sheer. But I'll try something on those lines! Thanks for d suggestion!!

      Delete
  4. wow... so pretty Kejal... color combi chosen makes the nail art more attractive.. :) :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very pretty :-) I love polka dots, especially when it's done with such pretty, soft colours like these.

    ReplyDelete
  6. very pretty.....kejal..love it...:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. wow...its like perfect! i have tough time maintaining my nails but yours are like super. nice nail art!

    ReplyDelete
  8. lovely ..u have very pretty nails and hands..:)

    ReplyDelete
  9. oh its soooo cute!!! I love the glittery pink with the white polka combo! Looks awesome!! I will TRY to do something similar tonight lol xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. I LOVE Polka dots!!! lots n lots!!wish those were my nails with dat design!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Aww cho chweet those polka dots on my nails and MAC shop cook collection on my vanity-just what I need right now :) Great work!

    ReplyDelete
  12. the glitter dots look awesome!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks! it turned out better than i expected

      Delete
  13. I have tagged you. Check out the link http://therainbownails.blogspot.com/2012/04/nail-polish-tag.html

    ReplyDelete
  14. This outfit looks really comfy.
    thanks for sharing .
    I Love this outfit!
    http://www.majorbrands.in/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. this is not an outfit! pls read post properly and stop spamming!!!

      Delete
  15. Lindo a tua nail... ficou super delicada... amei todos os detalhes...

    Bjs
    Luísa

    http://efoiumdiaqueelacriouoseublogue.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. its sooo pretty and elegant and overall do-able kejal...gr8 blog
    http://megaliving.net/

    ReplyDelete
  17. I have always thought that the whole style n pattern was beautiful and you have taken this to the anaother level with your creativity!!! Great work . These all are so much fablous , i wish i can buy all buy all these thing now, BTW really tahnks for sharing,i like these kind of valuable news like this . Keep posting like this in future also. http://www.montecarloshop.in/

    ReplyDelete
  18. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Thanks for the information. To have best Acrylic nails in melbourne CBD visit Qand H Nails Salon and get best services according to you nails.
    "

    ReplyDelete

I would ♥ to read your comments and thoughts on my posts. Please feel free to ask any questions or if you have any suggestions.